Selling your home For Sale By Owner (FSBO) can be difficult and time consuming. Before you decided to sell your home FSBO, here are some important questions you may want to ask yourself:
- Are you up-to-date on real estate and contract laws? If not are you willing and do you have the time to research them enough to protect yourself from a potential lawsuit if a mistake is made?
- Real Estate agents are professionals and are thoroughly trained in real estate legal issues and contract law.
- Real Estate agents are usually required to carry Errors and Omission Insurance and in many cases in amounts up to 1 millions dollars.
- What is your real motivation in selling FSBO?
- Are you selling to save money?
- It is no secret to buyers that if you are selling FSBO you are not paying commission, do you think they expect you to get the savings? Many investors search out FSBO's for investment property.
- Sure Realtor® fees can be expensive, but not nearly as much as other professional services, would you consider operating on yourself or a family member to avoid a doctor fee? Or representing yourself in the court of law, to avoid a lawyer fee?
- Realtors® have to pay all of the advertising and marketing fees, and put in countless hours of work to effectively market your home, they get paid nothing if the home does not sell, and could potentially lose $1000's.
- Have you considered your safety?
- What methods will you use to screen potential buyers?
- If someone showed up at your home at night and wanted a tour would you let them in? If you didn't could you lose out on a sale?
- Many real estate offices have strict policies of meeting customers at the office and photocopying their drivers license, writing down tags numbers, and have strict safety procedures to keep their agents safe.
- Click here to learn important FSBO Safety Tips!
- Do you have the time and flexibility to show your house to potential buyers?
- Do you have the time on the weekend to devote to open house.
- Can you take off work to show the house.
- Can you separate yourself emotionally enough so you can effectively negotiate, if you do receive an offer?
- Do you know and understand the sellers obligation when it comes to different types of loans such as FHA and VA?
- Do you know how to price your home appropriately?
- Pricing a home is a difficult process and requires a lot of knowledge and research.
- On average according the National Association of Realtors®, the typical FSBO home sold for $187,200 compared to $247,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
Want a FREE FSBO INTERNET AD?
Selling your home FSBO? It is no secret that the Internet is a powerful real estate tool. Contact me today to reserve your FREE, NO OBLIGATION, NO GIMMICK Internet Ad. You ad may include one picture of your home and a property description...don't know what to write?...simply e-mail or call me with a short description of your home and we will write the description. No photography skills? No Problem! Contact us and we will come take a picture for you. E-mail your photo and property description and your contact information to Christine@homesforsaleknoxville.com.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT OUR FREE FSBO LISTINGS